cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclement

Azure DevOps custom fields not allowing me to Ask in PowerApps

Hello Community 🙂

I'm trying to map a flow between Power Apps and Azure Devops to allow Work Item Creation from an App.

All the "standard" fields for Create work item action in Azure Devops seem to work fine:

mclement_0-1621963649117.png

But the Custom fields of Azure Devops, only found in the Other Fields section don't seem to allow me to "Ask in PowerApps".

mclement_1-1621963699260.png

I've been trying to click that option and nothing happens, where as for "Standard" fields it generates the necessary value instantly.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a platform/connector limitation?

Is there any other way for me to pass values from Power Apps to Azure DevOps custom fields? It's a business requirement for what I'm working on.

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mclement,

I can reproduce that same behaviour. 

However, couldn't you as a workaround generate a dummy field? 

Below is an example which is using a compose action for that.

generatedummy_askfield.png

After you have generated the field you should be able to paste it in as an expression:

triggerBody()['Compose-CustomField_Inputs']

customfield_expression.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,492)