cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacques
Regular Visitor

Basic CRM concept in SharePoint using Flow to update Lead Status from Activities list

I'm testing a basic CRM scenario: 

• Leads
    • First Name
    • Last Name
    • Lead Status (Lookup column getting data from Lead Status list)
  • Activities
    • Notes
    • Activity Type (Lookup column getting data from Activity Types list)
    • Lead (lookup column linked to Leads list)

I have a basic Flow working where if a new Acitivity is created it will email me with basic information.

My next step is to automate things slightly. If an Activity is recorded with an Activity Type of Sale Conluded then I want to change the Lead Status to Active Client. 

To do this I tried going down the route of: 

1. Setup new Flow for 'When a new item is created'
  2. Added a Condition
    1. Choose a value: Here I already have a problem, because I need to specify Activity Type ID and this only became available when in the Lookup column I specified that the ID column in should show as an additional field ("Add a column to show each of these additional fields")
    2. Is Equal To
    3. The ID of the Activity Type ID which I manually enter. E.g. 5
  3. Add email notification for both IF YES and IF NO

I did this and created a record in Activities then checked the Flow history.

It ran successfully and I received a Flow noticication but the condition ALWAYS equates to NO, i.e. it never matches 5. 

Looking at the history details for the first step of the Flow i.e. "When a new item is created" the output shows the Activity record created along with one or two other Lookup columns (E.g. Client value) it has, but the Activity Type lookup column doesn't show up. However, it does show up when I edit the Flow in the form of Activity Type:ID as you can see below. 

Edit Flow Condition shows linked column value and ID.png

Here's what my flow looks like: 

Full flow.png

What's actually happening here? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Basic CRM concept in SharePoint using Flow to update Lead Status from Activities list

Hi @Jacques,

I have a few places that I'm not sure that I have fully understood you. 

"because I need to specify Activity Type ID and this only became available when in the Lookup column I specified that the ID column in should show as an additional field ("Add a column to show each of these additional fields")"

I created a similar flow and all my sharepoint columns are shown in the condition dynamic content. Did you mean that your Activity Type ID (a lookup column type column?)  won't show in the dynamic content list?

You did not meation that you have this Activity Type ID column in your SharePoint list but it shows in your flow?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jacques
Regular Visitor

Re: Basic CRM concept in SharePoint using Flow to update Lead Status from Activities list

Hi Mona, 

The Activity Type column in the Activities list is indeed a lookup column as you can see in the attached screenshot.

CRM - activity type lookup.png

Also you're correct in your understanding: When you add a lookup column it first asks which List to get the information from and then it allows you to specifiy additional fields, see below: 

CRM - Activity Lookup Column.png

Without adding the ID column as an additional field it didn't show up in the condition dynamic content. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,851)