cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Batch items from Excel to Email in single doc

I have created an expense report app in PA. I connected an approval Flow to this. The PAbutton sends all expenses to an excel spreadsheet each in a single rows. The flow extracts each row and sends as single email. I end up with multiple emails.

How can I create either the app or the flow to batch these items into a single email?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ valuehr,

Could you please share more information about your approval flow’s configuration?

Are there any other columns except expense column in the excel spreadsheet?

I think a HTML table can achieve your needs, please take try with the following workaround:

• I use a manual button as a trigger.
  • Add “Get Rows” action. This action gets all rows from specific excel spreadsheet which is stored in OneDrive.
  • Add “Select” action, configure From to Value content of “Get Rows” action. Under map entry, enter two keys and values as below: The ConsumptionItemName value and Expense value are selected in Dynamic content of “Get Rows” action.
  • Add Variable-> Create HTML table action, configure From to Output of “Select” action.
  • Add “Send an email” action, “To” set to specific email address, “Subject” set to Expense Record, “Body” set to Output of “Create HTML table” action

Image reference as below:1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

6.PNG

5.PNG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ valuehr,

Could you please share more information about your approval flow’s configuration?

Are there any other columns except expense column in the excel spreadsheet?

I think a HTML table can achieve your needs, please take try with the following workaround:

• I use a manual button as a trigger.
  • Add “Get Rows” action. This action gets all rows from specific excel spreadsheet which is stored in OneDrive.
  • Add “Select” action, configure From to Value content of “Get Rows” action. Under map entry, enter two keys and values as below: The ConsumptionItemName value and Expense value are selected in Dynamic content of “Get Rows” action.
  • Add Variable-> Create HTML table action, configure From to Output of “Select” action.
  • Add “Send an email” action, “To” set to specific email address, “Subject” set to Expense Record, “Body” set to Output of “Create HTML table” action

Image reference as below:1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

6.PNG

5.PNG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response.

I have the following columns in my Excel speadsheet:

Name

Email

Department

ExpenseDate

Amount

ExpCat

GLCode

Comments

ExpenseSignature

(and of course the PowerAppsID)

I am still somewhat new to Flows, so I'm trying to understand your explanation below. 

Could you clarify the name of the connector for the HTML table, as I don't see it as an option under "Connectors"?  Also, if this is a premium connector, I would need to have a solution that is free, as a paid one isn't an option at this time.

Thanks.

So an update to my reply.  This worked!  I did have to change the "Is HTML?" option to yes so that it formats as a table in the email.

Thanks for the help!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (96,111)