cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Beginner at flows - not seeing dynamic content expected?

I am learning how to use Flows / Power Automate.  I used the step Get Item (sharepoint) in order to get all columns from the AllItems view of a Sharepoint list.  (by ID #).  in the next step, wouldn't I expect to see Dynamic Content options relating to the values from columns of the record obtained by the previous step?  Or how does it work there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
coyote_ptm
Frequent Visitor

You should expect to see dynamic content.  You didn't mention what the next step was, but here's a condition example. 

coyote_ptm_0-1615414421688.png

The getitem is defined like ( I cut off site address 😞

coyote_ptm_1-1615414485567.png

Also - I've seen strange things when my browser isn't large enough.  If you see strangeness with Dynamic, expand browser and try.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
coyote_ptm
Frequent Visitor

You should expect to see dynamic content.  You didn't mention what the next step was, but here's a condition example. 

coyote_ptm_0-1615414421688.png

The getitem is defined like ( I cut off site address 😞

coyote_ptm_1-1615414485567.png

Also - I've seen strange things when my browser isn't large enough.  If you see strangeness with Dynamic, expand browser and try.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

So weird - I think you were right, it was maybe some temporary situation that I was not seeing it.  I did in fact end up seeing it (after I had created a variable step to initialize variable to the column value) - but then after that I ended up seeing the column value available everywhere.  I guess I'm good to go - thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,182)