cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maushika
Level: Power Up

Best way to set up tasks or sign-offs/ approvals by multiple users?

Hi there.

I've been trying to set this up but am at a loss. Any ideas or alternate platforms within 0365 to accomplish this would be very much appreciated. 

Essentially, I'm trying to set up a 'LMS'. Eg: Post training or meeting minutes as a Sharepoint page, publishing the page triggers a creation of a list item of the page. Ideally, I'd like to 'assign' the item to everyone within the group to read and 'sign-off' i.e acknowledge that they've read the material (same applies to when a new procedure or document is implemented). Once each person has acknowledged/signed off on reading the minutes, the list (based on user login) should update to show that the sign off is complete (even if some others mayt have not done so). It doesnt even have to be a sign off, a task (that is trackable based on completion date) is more than sufficient.

• Tried using Microsoft Planner for this, but looks like even if 1 or 20 people assigned to the task check it as done, then the task is considered complete.
  • Parallel Approvals / Built-in-signoff option in Sharepoint - Completion/approval status not specific to user (stays as pending)? 
    • Is there an option to not allow 'reject' in approvals? 

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting no where right now (I'm not an 'IT' person so am learning sharepoint and flow from scratch on my own, so maybe I might be missing what could be an easy fix). 

Much thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Best way to set up tasks or sign-offs/ approvals by multiple users?

Hi @maushika,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details about your scenes?

If you want the 'reject' in approvals is not allowed, I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs.

Please explain more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Best way to set up tasks or sign-offs/ approvals by multiple users?

Hey, @maushika!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-yuazh-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (5,067)