cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwittels
Resolver I
Resolver I

Birthday email listing all birthdays in a single email

There are many tutorials and templates explaining how to send out an email to someone on their birthday. We prefer to send a single email out to the company listing all people who are celebrating their birthday on that day. I found this great template: Send wishes to employees by email as per the birth date in SharePoint list but I would like to know how to list the names of all the people celebrating birthdays in the body of the email. The email would then go out to the same distribution list each day. So instead of "Happy Birthday FirstName" I would prefer, "We would like to wish the following people happy birthday today:" and then list the full names.

23 REPLIES 23

I've noticed that the run will fail if none in the List has a birthday. Not sure if this how it will work.  Big thanks to this!

P.S. Did you write anything in the Terminate part?

P.S.S. I've also added screenshots for future reference. Hope this might help.

No birthdays:

almapete21_1-1624280095408.png

With at least one birthday:

almapete21_2-1624280247617.png

There is nothing in the Terminate part. If the list is empty then there is no need to send any email so the Flow terminates. This might appear as Failed or Cancelled in the Run history.

What is the formula you have entered in the condition section - formatdatetime.....?

Condition:

formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'), 'M/d') is equal to formatDateTime(utcNow(),'M/d')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,762)