cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaylou
Level 8

Body of email alert

Hi All,

How can I format the body of the alert?  My arrows do not navigate the form.  Enter at the end of a line, goes to the end not the next line. I have to click right before something to get a return to go the next line.

When adding the link back to the item, is there a way to format the test being displayed?  Like every other product out there, is a way to add a hyperlink with nice friendly text.  No one will know what the link is for...

TIA,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaylou
Level 8

Re: Body of email alert

Thanks again Alice,

Yes as I mentioned in my last response, I added the HTML tags to the email and all is well.

As far as navigating in the Email body form it seems to only be an issue using IE or Edge. 

It works fine in Chrome.  Seems like MS browersers do not like Sharepoint Online...

Google Chrome Rocks!!!

Thanks again,

Joe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ jaylou,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

For your first paragraph:

Could you please explain more about the alert that you mentioned?

How would you format the body of the alert?

For your second paragraph:

You could take a try to add the below code in body of your email.

<A HREF="TheSharedLinkhere">CustomTexthere</A>

You could create the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

You would recieve the email with a link as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

jaylou
Level 8

Hi Alice,

<A HREF> worked, but the entire body is in one long string.  Do I need to write HTML code to format the body of the alert? 

Is it by design that I can’t navigate within the body of the email?  My arrows do not move the cursor within the body.  If I hit enter it does not go to the next line like every other editor out there.

I am not sure how to add an image here.  I thought there was a link on the tool bar, but I don’t see it. 

Thanks again,

Joe

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jaylou

Could you please share a screenshot of your issues?

Could you please explain more about "the entire body is in one long string" that you mentioned?

Could you please explain more about "I can’t navigate within the body of the email?  My arrows do not move the cursor within the body".

Please share more details so we could try to help you.  

Regards,
Alice Zhang

jaylou
Level 8

Hi Alice,

1) I do not know how to insert images here so I can't send you screenshots...  Please let me know how to do so and I will send you screenshots 🙂

2) You showed me I needed the HREF for the hyperlink, so I figured I need HTML for the email body in FLOW.  I added line feeds and other HTML formatting and the emails are fine.  I didn't realize I need HTML to send out formatted emails.  I thought this product was for end users not web developers 🙂

Prior to adding the HTML, My text in the designer looked like this with 4 rows of text:

Hi All,

Here is a new Item

The email came out with one row of text like this:

Hi All, Here is a new Item Location: 123

3) can't navigate:

As I am replying to your 3 questions in this forum's body, I can  move my curser up a row by clicking in the up arrow on my keyboard, left when I click left arrow, right when I click the right arrow and down a row when I click the down arrow,  and if I I click the up arrow right now my curser goes to the line above this one that you are reading right now. 

In FLOWS body of the email, my arrows do nothing, and the curser stays right where it is when I click arrows on my keyboard. 

Thanks again for help.

Joe

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ jaylou,

For your step2) of your answer, 

Do you want to wrap in each line of the content that you fill in the body field of the "send an email" action?

You could add a expression <br> behind each line of text to achieve your needs.

Capture.PNG

And the flow would send the email as below:

Capture.PNG

For your step3) of your answer,

I have made a test on my side,and don't have the issue on my side,I could move the cursor up a row,down a row ,move left and move right by clicking in the arrow on my keyboard.

Please make sure you are editting the flow and the state of the flow is not down when you click the arrow on my keyboard.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

jaylou
Level 8

Thanks again Alice,

Yes as I mentioned in my last response, I added the HTML tags to the email and all is well.

As far as navigating in the Email body form it seems to only be an issue using IE or Edge. 

It works fine in Chrome.  Seems like MS browersers do not like Sharepoint Online...

Google Chrome Rocks!!!

Thanks again,

Joe

View solution in original post

Ryreed48
Level: Power Up

Worked perfectly - thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,156)