cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyk
Level: Powered On

Bring a SP list to PowerApps gallery using Flow

Is there a way to bring a SharePoint list into a PowerApps gallery through Flow? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Bring a SP list to PowerApps gallery using Flow

@Nyk 

Please follow the thread here :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Bring-a-table-from-a-SP-list-into-PowerA...

Did you get a chance to see @Pstork1 's suggestion?

Nyk
Level: Powered On

I did see that response, but I am somewhat stuck. I have tried messing around with SharePoint permissions, but cant seem to find a way to do what I'm trying to do.

I need a way that the employee can use a leave request app, which let's them "login" and navigate to their respective screen. Then their previous responses will come up in a gallery, and they can submit a response from the app as well, which goes to the same SP list as the ones in the gallery. 

That being said, I would rather the employees not be able to go directly to the SP list and check out who got denied because that's somewhat personal. I have that working in a way that they can only see their data, not other's. But the users are still able to edit the items in the list that they can see, and change the view settings so that they could potentially see the whole list.

Is there a way to block the user from making those changes if Flow would not be the way to go?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Nyk ,

It is hard to bring a SharePoint list into a PowerApps gallery through flow, but you can put the SharePoint list into the gallery. After an employee "log in " get his name, put the name into the Filter function(), Filter('Leave Request list', Name = Employee.Name)

Here's an example that you can refer to:

1.PNG.jpg

And your requirement that users are still able to edit the items in the list that they can see, and change the view settings so that they could potentially see the whole list.

You can add create a Edit form control to let employees edit their information, and add a button ( Items = 'Leave Request list')  to let them could potentially see the whole list.

About these operations, you can refer to this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 4,509 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: