cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valerio_
Regular Visitor

Bug? Get Row / Update row does not find the key values

Hello,

I'm doing a small test as I'm having an issue with a bigger task.

I'm trying to update or get a row in an excel file that sits on sharepoint the table looks like below:

Valerio__0-1615825229411.png

If I use get rows on the table I get the following results: 

Valerio__1-1615825438220.png

the rows exist, and the store numbers are listed, the other headers do not have values.

Now if I try to use get row or update row I get always this message that there is no row with ID (key-value?) 6001, what I'm doing wrong?

Valerio__2-1615825555238.png

The whole flow: 

Valerio__3-1615825687420.png

6 REPLIES 6
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Valerio_ here is what i tried

my excel 

jinivthakkar_0-1615875804814.png

jinivthakkar_2-1615875926278.png

jinivthakkar_1-1615875887788.png

Excel updated

jinivthakkar_3-1615875967087.png

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Valerio_ get a row action:

jinivthakkar_4-1615876140684.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Jinivthakkar, I've tried using the file in onedrive as well but I get the same error.. 😞

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Valerio_ ohh I see, may be then its a temporary issue, try after sometime or raise a ticket with Microsoft.

alldayrr
Frequent Visitor

@Valerio_ Did you ever get it to work? I couldn't get mine to work.

Daiye

Hi, @Valerio_ and the rest of you!

I had problems with updating a row as well, got it to work. I had two different tables created in Excel, one was working the other was not.

Short answer: Name your table columns starting with letters and the error is not related to your key column, but the whole table. 

Long answer: 

I concluded that the way the actual tables in Excel were created did not matter. Thought it might be a bug from Excel depending on how the table was created. Can be created by:

1. Creating a table from table/table range.

Daiye_0-1663781698468.png

2. Creating a table by inserting a table.

Daiye_1-1663781754929.png

(Also tried some other far fetched theories in Excel here)

I concluded that it had nothing to do with the data in the table as my two tables had the same data in the tables (again, one was working and the other one wasn't). 

I concluded that integers in the key-column do not matter.

Integers stored as general/text/number works fine:

Daiye_3-1663782112160.png

Daiye_4-1663782133001.png

Daiye_2-1663782084320.png

All my values in the key column were numbers. I then tried changed the cell settings on the table where it was working to all three, all were fine.

I then tried changing the name of my columns. Note that column A (ManagerId) is the key column.

From this:

Daiye_6-1663782566758.png

(No updates in the table here as PA crashed. I was trying to populate columns ManagerName,1,2,3 and 4)

To this:

Daiye_5-1663782467886.png

(Data is updated in columns)

When I got it to work using letters to start my column names...

Daiye_9-1663783003135.png

Update successful:

Daiye_10-1663783078421.png

...I changed the columns back to numbers within the exact same table it crashed again. I had made no other differences to Power Automate, Excel, table in Excel or the data in the table.

Daiye_8-1663782794552.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,427)