cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

[Bug?] Using Approvals in an environment without CDS creates automatically (!!!) a CDS or leads to an error.

Hello together,

please be aware: if you're using Approvals in an environment without CDS, the system tries to create a CDS.

If you are an environment admin, the CDS is created.

If you are an environment maker, you get this error message:

{

"error": {

"code""CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase",

"message""The current user does not have permissions to create a Common Data Service database for this environment. Please ask an environment administrator to create the database."

}

}

Greetings,

Max

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Makes sense. 
But I’m not sure everybody knows that. I didn’t knew that, and that’s way I have now more CDS than I wanted. 😉

With that knowledge I would expected to have a warning if I want to use the approval connector in a non-CDS environment. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @max81 

Approvals creates Entities in CDS.

You need the database created and access to create one when creating the first approval action in the environment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Makes sense. 
But I’m not sure everybody knows that. I didn’t knew that, and that’s way I have now more CDS than I wanted. 😉

With that knowledge I would expected to have a warning if I want to use the approval connector in a non-CDS environment. 

Hello, We have CDS enabled in our environment. When an Env Maker tries to import a solution containing Flows using Approval connector, they get an error message 'CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsTocreateDatavase’. Its strange, why an Environment makers cannot deploy an unmanaged solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,245)