cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Build excel file from string of bytes

I have a use case where a service will email an excel file to a service account's mailbox. 

Once the email received with excel attachment, it should open up and loop every single row.

weilies_0-1605768282895.png

I am able to get my flow to detect and open up the attachment, read the attachment bytes into a variable, but how could i loop through the rows in the excel attachment?

At first i tried to "Get Worksheet" but i stuck. The options only allowed me to grab the excel file from OneDrive and SharePoint. My only way to grab the source file is via email.

weilies_1-1605768487618.png

5 REPLIES 5
bradleyhorton
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Anonymous  as part of the flow you could save the attachment to OneDrive or SharePoint, then use that file and then delete it after?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, that's inspring after i post this thread. I managed to push to SP and pull out the excel

weilies_0-1605771475790.png

Next step, how could i loop the rows out? 

@Anonymous if the information is in a table you can use 'list rows present in a table' and then apply to each from the output. I'm afraid I don't know how to get it if the information isn't in table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradleyhorton That's exactly what i am facing. 🙂 

I probably have to re-think my process.

Thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,889)