cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MjrPothead
Regular Visitor

Build flow to send email on report on 2nd Tuesday of Month

Trying to build a flow that allows me to only send an email on the 2nd tuesday of the month.  A patch report that I created in Logic Apps.  I user Power Automate to fetch file from Sharepoint and send via an email.  I have used the following Triggers in my Recurrence but they dont seem to work.

@And(greater(int(utcNow()),7),(less(int(utcNow()),14))

Anyone that can help this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MjrPothead please can you try this expression

@and(less(int(utcNow('dd')),15),greater(int(utcNow('dd')),8))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MjrPothead please can you check this blog, it shows how to run flow on first tuesday of the month, you just need to make a minor change

https://tomriha.com/schedule-power-automate-flow-to-run-only-first-tuesday-of-the-month/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you, so I am guessing it should look something like this?

@less(int(utcNow('dd')),8), greater(int(utcNow('dd')),15)

So i tried with just the string less(int(utcNow('dd')),8) and get an error saying "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'properties')"

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MjrPothead please check this out, first it is important to understand how the expression is generated, please take a look at this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS6pSAx-GY

Using this you should be able to figure and test your expression

Thank you for the video. I watched it and am still confused.  I know I need a trigger condition to run an email on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.  That Video didnt really show me how to accomplish this.  It went into great detail on Triggers and  Conditions.  Im still no closer to getting a trigger condition to run on 3rd tuesday, or 2nd Monday, etc....

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MjrPothead please can you try this expression

@and(less(int(utcNow('dd')),15),greater(int(utcNow('dd')),8))

I got it, that got me on the right path.  Seems i was using dayOfWeek instead of dayOfMonth.  Now I can specify @And(greater(dayOfMonth(utcNow()),7),less(dayOfMonth(utcNow()),15)) for the 2nd Tuesday of Month.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,817)