cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JQuema
Frequent Visitor

Bulk Update/Create/Delete SharePoint List

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to bulk update/create/delete SharePoint list items. I need to do this in bulk since the workflow will be processing 5000 to 10000 rows. 

There are three file sources, SharePointList_1; SharePointList_2; Excel_file (uploaded in a document library), and a unique field EmployeeNumber in all three sources. 

Below are the objectives of the workflow:

1. Update SharePoint List_2 items in bulk if EmployeeNumber matches Excel_file but does not return a match in SharePointList_1

2. Create  SharePoint List_2 items in bulk  if EmployeeNumber matches Excel_file but does not return a match in SharePointList_2

3. Delete SharePoint List_2 items in bulk if EmployeeNumber does not match Excel_file and SharePointList_1

I have seen an article from @Paulie78 and I was able to replicate to a certain extent

• Bulk Create - Instead of having two conditions; I enforced unique values in the field EmployeeNumber of Create  SharePoint List_2, this way the 2nd condition 'does not return a match in SharePointList_2' will no longer be required

I

I am fairly new to Power Automate with very limited knowledge of json. So what I do is copy the solution word for word and just replace with the values that I used. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JQuema
Frequent Visitor

Perhaps a function similar to SQL that will query the values from SharePoint List_2 that has a matching value in Excel_file but does not have a matching value in SharePointList_1?

JQuema
Frequent Visitor

Any ideas? I'm tagging top solution authors who can probably help.

@Rhiassuring @Shujaath_Khan @DamoBird365  @ScottShearer 

Hi @JQuema 

If for SharePoint can you try batch to do CRUD operations? 

ref link to get started or this to get started

Thanks
Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

takolota
Super User
Super User

@JQuema @Shujaath_Khan 

You can also this template here for batch SharePoint updates:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Batch-Update-SharePoint-List-With-Extern...

I have seen the ways some other demonstrate batch updates & most still require around 1 action per row. This template is like 10 actions per 800 rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,595)