cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolyuan
Frequent Visitor

Bulk save unread emails attachments in shared mailbox to OneDrive for Business

I used a power automate app to save all new email attachments in shared mailbox to my OneDrive, which can be found as a template in the Power Automate web app ( Save attachments to OneDrive (Business) on new email in shared mailbox ). However, I want to do something similar to all my unread or previously existing email attachments, but not find a good way to implement.  Could you please tell whether there is a trigger to do so? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@karolyuan 

As per my knowledge I don't think there is a direct way of achieving the desired scenario. 

When you create a flow with specific the flow get's activated from that point of time. Let us say I have to flow to trigger on SharePoint item modification. The flow will only detect changes that will happen after creating the flow not the changes that are done prior to creation.

--> The same way there is no direct trigger that helps you in performing an action on past items. 

--> One thing that you can try is creating a flow with Manual Button/Flow button as trigger and then do Get Emails to extract emails present in your mail. Then on those you can perform create file action to store all the emails with attachments to Onedrive For Business

Gopala_Krishna_0-1608199457551.pngGopala_Krishna_1-1608199488515.png

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

karolyuan
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Gopala for your replay. I have tried recurrence and get-email, but get-emails does not work for shared mailbox.

Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@karolyuan 

In the Get Emails action card there is an option to specify Shared Mailbox address, if we mention the Shared Mailbox address then flow will retrieve information from Shared Mailbox.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

Thank you again, Gopala. I tried to type in my shared mailbox address in Get emails, and did some setups as this post does. So far it has not work yet, let's see what will happen in the next hour.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,300)