cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

CDS List Records: Extend Query: How to access data from a Customer type entity on related entity

I am using the CDS List Records action in a flow. The primary entity is Opportunity. I have a lookup field on the opportunity to another entity called Commitment. Commitment has two Customer data type lookups called Event Organiser and Online Administrator. I am attempting to use an extend query on the CDS List Records action to get data from the Organiser and Administrator fields on the associated Commitment record.

wvnz_Commitment($select=wvnz_commitmentid,wvnz_productcode,wvnz_numberoffaminebooksordered,wvnz_numberofonlineparticipants,wvnz_eventorganiser,wvnz_OnlineAdministrator)

If I simply use the field name in the expand query wvnz_eventorganiser, I receive the error: Could not find a property named 'wvnz_eventorganiser' on type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.wvnz_commitment'.

I have tried using _wvnz_eventorganiser_value and the flow does not fail but the data is not available as a dynamic field for user later in my flow.

I have also tried wvnz_eventorganiser_contact, and the flow does not fail but there seems to be no useful data in the output nor is the field available as dynamic content.

Can you help me get data into my flow from the List Records action to the customer data type lookup on the associated entity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

MS came back with a solution.

the expression to get the value from the associated entity is the following:

items('Apply_to_each')?['wvnz_commitment']?['_wvnz_eventorganiser_value']

This is while using wvnz_Commitment($select=_wvnz_onlineadministrator_value,_wvnz_eventorganiser_value) in the expand query.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please use below:

Expand Query: wvnz_Commitment($select=_wvnz_onlineadministrator_value,_wvnz_eventorganiser_value)

Also put filter as (wvnz_Commitment/wvnz_commitmentid ne null)

Also share the screenshot of the error u r getting with this.

Thanks,

Prateek

If I use _wvnz_onlineadministrator_value,_wvnz_eventorganiser_value how do I use these fields later in my flow as they do not show in the dynamic content list?

Hi Matt,

So you will get multiple item, you can loop and check the value.

You can also try the first value and you will be albe to get result..try this:

first(body('List_records')?['value'])?['_wvnz_commitment_value']
Regular Visitor

MS came back with a solution.

the expression to get the value from the associated entity is the following:

items('Apply_to_each')?['wvnz_commitment']?['_wvnz_eventorganiser_value']

This is while using wvnz_Commitment($select=_wvnz_onlineadministrator_value,_wvnz_eventorganiser_value) in the expand query.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (24,744)