Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

CDS Update Record connector is CREATING a record

Hi all,

We are using a CDS Update record connector, and instead of updating the existing record - it is creating a record.  Has anyone had this happen?  I've got two screen shots below to show a preceding step and the actual CDS connector in question.  It is meant to update an invoice record, but it is creating one - and not evening doing the requested update on the newly created record.

Thoughts?

This first screen shot is to show the preceding steps that are driven from a CDS List Records, which is listing a relationship entity

The preceding steps  are driving from a CDS List Records connector that is referencing an entity relationshipThe preceding steps are driving from a CDS List Records connector that is referencing an entity relationship

The shot below here is to confirm that I have used the CDS Update Record connector and not accidentally used the Create Record

This shot is to show that it really is the update record and not the create record.This shot is to show that it really is the update record and not the create record.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: CDS Update Record connector is CREATING a record

@Tarjani - Have tested using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector? You can only use this connector if you create the flow from a solution file. 

See if you get the same result as you are currently experiencing.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: CDS Update Record connector is CREATING a record

Hi @PowerBack19 ,

We only discovered the CDS (current environment) connector recently, and a few days after my original post we were advised it has to be used within a solution - but I hadn't yet thought to apply it to this problem.  Thanks for suggesting that.  I will try this once we have finished some current testing on another issue, and come back to update.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,779)