cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stassy
Frequent Visitor

Calculate a number and put it in a sharepoint item from a form answer

Hello!

I'm trying to calculate a number with the value inserted in the anwser of a microsoft form, when an answer is summited. This is what I need to obtain: The number in the form is the value of the dolar in my local currency. With that number i need to calculate the value of a service (which is in dollars) and transform the dolar value into my currency (with a specific formula). After that I need to put the calculated value in a column from a sharepoint list and this needs to happen everytime an answer is summited. 

I would immensely appreciate any possible solution!

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Stassy There are two approaches for this. 1. Do your calculations in power automate and then save details on SharePoint list

2. Create calculated column in SharePoint list and store that dollar value in a column. Your calculated column will have formula including dollar value column.

If you can share more details about formula will suggest you accordingly.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Stassy
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15  I think the easiest way to do it is the second approach, how can i do it? If the formula has the adition of 2 numbers from 2 columns? For example the value of the service itself and an a service fee and all of that multiply by the value of the dolar. Example: (service + service fee)*dolar_value*1,8 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,464)