cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Calculate total

Hi,

I retrieved a couple of records from a Dynamics environment and put them into a html table.

The html table has a couple of columns and I want to add up the values of a column in order to get the total value.

I am only interested in the total of a single column denominated 'CreditAmount' that only includes numeric values.

How can I achieve that?

Note: I do not really bother whether a html table or something else is used. The important issue for me is getting the total amount of the records retrieved in order to use this total in a subsequent step.

Best regards,

Ludwig

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Calculate total

Hi @ludwig,

Could you please share a bit more about the html table that you mentioned?

Do you want to extract data from a html table within Microsoft Flow?

If you want to extract data from a html table within Microsoft Flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. There is no way to analyze a html table within Microsoft Flow, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If you only want to get the total amount of the records retrieved, I think the length() function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

33.JPGWithin Compose action, the length expression read as below:

length(body('Get_items')?['value'])

The flow works successfully as below:
34.JPG

The records existed within my SharePoint list as below:35.JPG

More details about the length function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language#functions

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Using expression in flow actions

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,162)