cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David0094
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Data not shown in Power Automate

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue. In Sharepoint, I created a calculated date field, briefly we will calculated the next valid asset exchange date based on staff entry for example one month after current date or one year after current date.

Once the date is calculated, I would like to trigger an approval process.

The issue now is, in approval process, I am not able to populate the information from calculated field. For example, today is 22/11/2021, on one day after in calculated is 23/11/2021.

However, in power automate, despite I select the calculated field, when approval email triggered, it show the date was 22/11/2021 instead of 23/11/2021.

May I know how to solve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

It might be a UTC datetime issue.  SharePoint stores datetimes in UTC and it may be displaying local.  Depending where you are, a datetime of midnight might show as the day before.  I would look at the executed flow to see what the raw datetime value looks like.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

It might be a UTC datetime issue.  SharePoint stores datetimes in UTC and it may be displaying local.  Depending where you are, a datetime of midnight might show as the day before.  I would look at the executed flow to see what the raw datetime value looks like.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

Thank you Pat. yea, it was due to UTC issue. I managed to solved it after convert the time zone. much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,263)