cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tronamess

Calculation across two different lists in sharepoint

Hello All,

I am needing some help in trying to run a calculation across two separate lists in the same sharepoint

In List "A" I have a column that is storing a number value in quantity as to what is available for use or consumption.

In this same list in a different column, I also have a safety stock which is also storing a number. Right now, if the quantity value is less than or equal to the safety stock value then a YES/NO is triggered in a different column for a re-order.

All of this is working as intended, where I am having the issue is trying to keep a running total when a certain number(s) of a particular item(s) are being used or consumed.

I have created List "B" which has a part look up that is retrieving information from List "A"

Right now, in List "B" I can look up a part number and its quantity available for use. What I have done is added a new column for quantity used or consumed and I would like this to be a calculation based on other columns in List "A"

Essentially what I want to be able to do is in List "B" in the column "quantity used" and have that value be subtracted from List "A" in column "quantity available for use"

If anyone can help me with this or even let me know if this is possible or even if there is a better way of doing this, I would be very humbled and appreciative of the help.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Tronamess this looks doable, but you need to start writing the flow and post the issue so someone can help.

Are you facing any specific issue in doing this ? Please let me know so I can help.

@jinivthakkar Thank you for your reply! A big part of the issue is that I do not know how to use power automate in a calculation like this. I don't know where to even begin. 

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Tronamess please check out this tutorial, this will help you get started 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGGtLsUjhm3pgu2X0tgjnl3BX1MlnT1t

Tronamess

@jinivthakkar Thank you for the link 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,174)