cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can Flow allow multiple groups for approval?

My company is considering Flow to help with tracking of some of our manual workflow processes.

Before I dive into it, can someone tell me if it is possible to set up an approval flow that requires approval from two groups before moving on?  For example, i need just one person from each group to approve, then the flow continues on?

I couldn't seem to figure this out when playing around and didn't find much info on it when searching.  Any guidance will be appreciated.  thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Can Flow allow multiple groups for approval?

Yes, that's possible.  To do that use two different Approval Actions set for 'First to Respond'.  Flow doesn't support assigning Approvals to groups so you'll need to add the membership of the first group to the First Approval and the membership of the second group to the second approval.  You can position the approvals either to run in parallel or one after the other.  But when complete check the results and approve the item only if Outcome of both Approvals is "Approve".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Can Flow allow multiple groups for approval?

Yes, that's possible.  To do that use two different Approval Actions set for 'First to Respond'.  Flow doesn't support assigning Approvals to groups so you'll need to add the membership of the first group to the First Approval and the membership of the second group to the second approval.  You can position the approvals either to run in parallel or one after the other.  But when complete check the results and approve the item only if Outcome of both Approvals is "Approve".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,631)