cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
MelGen
Helper I
Helper I

Can Flow be used to update a few specific columns in an Excel file that is stored in SharePoint?

I am new to flow and trying to figure it out.   I have 2 excel files stored in a SP library.  I want to grab rows from one file and update those that don't exist in the other file.   I did create named tables in each excel file but they are not SP lists.   Having a hard time with this... any help will be greatly appreciated.   

6 REPLIES 6
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey

Have a look under the excel actions you should find what you need there.

 

You are going to have to get all rows from the first file and then check the second file and if it does not exist use the create row action

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

 

Hi @MelGen ,

 

You need to create a key column (not null and have a unique value) in the two Excel tables to correspond to the rows in the two tables, in order to update the table.

  • Use Filter Query to filter out whether there are rows in the current File1 in File2, according to the ID field.
  • If the result of the length() function is 0, a new row is inserted in File2.

Expression reference:

length(body('List_rows_present_in_a_table_2')?['value'])

Image reference:

111.PNG112.PNG113.PNG

Hope it helps.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I got the flow to run successfully. However, I do not see the new rows in the table2 that I was trying to update.   Any ideas on how to I can determine where they went?  I tried to paste in the screen shot of the flow but its not letting me copy it in here.  

 

There isn't an template flow for updating one excel file into another excel file in SharePoint that I can find. 

 

Please provide more details with screenshoot to describe your problem.

 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I apologize for not responding. I was away and there wasn't any internet.   The following are the screen shots of the flow I built based on your suggestions.  As it indicates it was successfully but the excel file (file2) was not updated with the rows from file 1 that didn't exist in file 2.   I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.   Any help with be appreciated....

 

Flow1.pngFlow2.pngFlow3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,864)