cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowaways
Level: Power Up

Can I set up time intervals between events

I am building my auto pipeline with flow, say I have two adjacent events(one triggered by the other) my request is to enable the next event two days after the previous trigger, i.e. set up a 2d interval between these two events,  is this  feature supported in our current tools?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Can I set up time intervals between events

Hi @flowaways, yes this is quite possible. In my example the trigger is when the first event is added to a SharePoint list. In the list we have just a title for the event, the date and time the event will start and the duration minutes (image 0 below).

Image 1: The trigger is shown. We then need to get the duration and convert it to an integer using Compose controls.

Image 2: Then create the end time of the event with another Compose control by adding to the start date and time the minutes from the output at 1 above. Then create the event using the start date and the output from the end time.

Image 3: We now want to add 2 days to the first event to be used in the second event so we use another Compose control.

Image 4: To create the end time for the second event we again use a Compose control but can use the same output of the duration we had in image 1 and add it to to theComposeAdd2Days we had in image 3.

Image 5: Using the output of the ComposeAdd2Days and ComposeEnd2Days we create the second event.

Image 6: The flow runs successfully.

Image 7: You'll see that flow has added the 2 events, 2 days apart, with the same start time and duration.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-CreateListItem.png0 - SharePoint list item1-Trigger-ComposeDuration.png1- Trigger and duration2-ComposeEnd-CreateEvent.png2 - End time and create event3-Compose2Days.png3 - Compose 2 days ahead4-ComposeEnd2Days.png4 - Compose end time5-CreateEvent2Days.png5 - Create second event6-FlowSuccessful.png6 - Flow result7-CalendarResult.png7 - Calendar result

flowaways
Level: Power Up

where can i find the addDays function in Compose action?

2 - End time and create event

3-Compose2Days.png

the options I got are selecting the parameters from the previous steps, here is how the window looks like:

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @flowaways,

You can create the function by clicking the "Input", then input the "adddays" into the Expression column.

If the float box on the left doesn't appear, you may need to display your interface on the full screen.

Annotation 2019-08-06 091613.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @flowaways,

Has your problem solved?

If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,012)