cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I setup flows in my company if we don't have 365?

Hi could do with some guidance please.

My company uses SharePoint to store all it's assets (Brochures, datasheets etc) and we have about 100 people or so who are allowed to access etc.

We've customized this view to add a column (Partners) as this allows me to understand whether this asset is suitable for our Resellers or if it's for internal use only.

What I'd really like to achieve is a workflow which sends me an email whenever a new asset is uploaded to a defined folder in SharePoint AND the Partner tag is selected as a Yes. Further the alert would give me details as to the location and a link to the asset would be a 10/10.

As a company we don’t use the online Office 365 and our Microsoft account is on a dedicated (on premise) mail server.

Outlook is our mail client and we have SharePoint as part of our corporate package.

At some point in the future we'll move to exchange online, but I'm unsure as to whether 'Flows' will work as the way we'd like it to today.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Sharepoint Screen Grab.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can I setup flows in my company if we don't have 365?

Hi @ stevei,

Thank you for posting.

In order to use Microsoft Flow, you would need an Office 365 Email Account, or an Outlook Email Account.

For on-premise Email server (such as Exchange), Microsoft Flow is not available currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can I setup flows in my company if we don't have 365?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,865)