cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudiovc

Can I use column Created by in flow send mail?

I have a list in Sharepoint, listaOficios and I have a view from these list, called Autorizados, I  have a column called autorizado, type yes/no in the list.

My users populate the list and after they put a value in column autorizado, if autorizado=yes then it must send a mail to who created the row, so i created a flow from template send a email when the add a new item in sp list, i'm using the option limit the columns with view, in this option i put Autorizados, When i want put the column Created by in the mail's body, i can't found the column Created by.

error1.PNG

but if i'm not use the option, limit the columns with view, I can found the column.

error2.PNG

I use the view Autorizado because these view have a filter, column autorizado=yes

How i can solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @claudiovc,

Thanks for feedback.

How is the custom view created on the SharePoint site?

Please go to SharePoint List settings, then Create view, then in the Create view page, please make sure you have selected column Created By.

I have made a test on my side. Without selecting the Created By column, there is no dynamic content Created By email from the trigger when using the custom view, while if I selected the Created By column when creating the view, it will appear on the flow as well.

Please check the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @claudiovc,

Thanks for feedback.

How is the custom view created on the SharePoint site?

Please go to SharePoint List settings, then Create view, then in the Create view page, please make sure you have selected column Created By.

I have made a test on my side. Without selecting the Created By column, there is no dynamic content Created By email from the trigger when using the custom view, while if I selected the Created By column when creating the view, it will appear on the flow as well.

Please check the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much @v-yamao-msft, your answer really helped me!

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,300)