cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PentaGalDad77
Frequent Visitor

Can a Flow be triggered when records are inserted in a SQL table?

I would like to trigger a Flow when a table in SQL Server is updated. The nature of the database is a data warehouse where many thousands of records are inserted at a time. I would like the Flow triggered when the bulk insert is completed. Appreciate any guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PentaGalDad77,

I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs to create a flow that would trigger when the bulk insert in SQL Server is completed in microsoft flow curretly.

The SQL Server connector support the trigger "when an item is created" and "when an item is updated" curretly.

when you insert rows to SQL Server table, the flow with trigger "when an item is created" would trigger for everr single row without wait for the bulk insert is completed.

If you want to create a flow that would trigger when the bulk insert in SQL Server is completed, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PentaGalDad77,

I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs to create a flow that would trigger when the bulk insert in SQL Server is completed in microsoft flow curretly.

The SQL Server connector support the trigger "when an item is created" and "when an item is updated" curretly.

when you insert rows to SQL Server table, the flow with trigger "when an item is created" would trigger for everr single row without wait for the bulk insert is completed.

If you want to create a flow that would trigger when the bulk insert in SQL Server is completed, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

I am unable to open the link for solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (36,449)