cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachelhart31

Can i link Forms and Word to part automate document completion?

Hello all,

Im hoping someone might be able to help me.  I have a word doc that's approx 15 pages of standard text, but the last 2 pages are where you would input information about a project - costs, benefits, timings etc. 

I want to part automate this if I can so that anyone could be lead to complete it - maybe by using Forms? Is this something that I can use power automate for? 

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Rachel

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rachelhart31 

Yes it is possible.  I've a live demo here that does exactly that.

https://damobird365.birdhoose.co.uk/2021/02/17/live-demo-data-input-to-pdf-in-60-seconds/

You have to use premium features for the Word steps OR alternatively you can store your dynamic content as metadata on your document list and then use quick parts to populate the word file from the metadata properties.

You'll need to setup a word document as a template first off with the quick parts added.

Let me know how you get on or if you want more info.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

rachelhart31

I guess this tells me that it is possible, but I still need to understand how you do that.

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rachelhart31 

This looks like a good blog post that goes into it in great details - good luck.

https://tahoeninjas.blog/2020/03/13/generate-word-documents-from-a-template-using-power-automate/

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (38,790)