cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Meagan_Longoria
Level: Powered On

Can't connect Common Data Service in non-default environment to SharePoint list

I have a PowerApp submits data to the Common Data Service in its own special environment, let's call it EnvironmentA. I wanted to write a flow to create an item in a SharePoint Online list when a record is created for that entity in the CDS. But apparently, I can't. I think this is because the PowerApp is not in the default environment. When I use the default environment, I can find the SharePoint Online list, but I can't access the CDS entity. If I switch to EnvironmentA I can't access the CDS entity. Is there any way to work around this? I would prefer not to deploy the app to the default environment. I am free to make changes to the SharePoint lists, but not sure what I can do? I don't think SharePoint has environments, so how do I make a Flow connect a CDS/PowerApps environment and a SharePoint list? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meagan_Longoria

Re: Can't connect Common Data Service in non-default environment to SharePoint list

It is strangely working today although I have made no changes to the CDS or SharePoint environments. I'll assume this was just a random connectivity issue for Flow. I have seen others comment with similar experiences. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't connect Common Data Service in non-default environment to SharePoint list

Hi @Meagan_Longoria,

Not all license contains the CDS in powerapps, please see:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/pricing-billing-skus/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meagan_Longoria

Nope, I can access and administer CDS just fine. I already built and deployed an app that uses it. I'm just trying to add this Flow to also move the data to SharePoint. I am on the PowerApps Plan 2. Any other thoughts?
Meagan_Longoria

Hmmm. I tried this in a test tenant, and it worked. I have a default environment and a separate environment for my PowerApp called MeaganTest. I created an entity in the CDS in the MeaganTest environment and then created a SharePoint list. I then created a flow in the MeaganTest environment that adds a new item to the SharePoint list. I had no trouble connecting the two, and my flow ran successfully when triggered. 

So this leads me to believe there is some kind of setting or environment error. Why is it on my test tenant, I can create a flow that connects to my SharePoint list and to a CDS entity in a non-default environment, but I can't on the other tenant? Any suggestions for settings to check would be appreciated. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Meagan_Longoria,

Were you trying to trigger a flow in a PowerApps app? If so, please provide the session ID. Sorry that I'm not quite sure that I understand you issue correctly.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meagan_Longoria

It is strangely working today although I have made no changes to the CDS or SharePoint environments. I'll assume this was just a random connectivity issue for Flow. I have seen others comment with similar experiences. 

View solution in original post

BrunoSarti

Hi all,

I'm facing the exact same issue, does anyone have a clue why Flow doesn't connect to non-default CDS Environments?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,051)