cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samiullah
Frequent Visitor

Can we approve or reject from outside flow ? like, custom forms or powerapps ??

3 REPLIES 3
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Samiullah an approval can be sent to a user to approve in Teams. This is done with adaptive cards. Rather than explain it here there is a good video with the steps at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDy3tGyigI&t=524s and the approval part starts at 12:08.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott  

i am asking, can we approve or reject flow approvals from custom form like SharePoint page or PowerApps instead of Email or teams ?

You hadn't mentioned Teams in your original post which is why I did.

You can start an approval from a button on each SharePoint item (for example) but there is no equivalent JSON code button to approve or reject the approval and therefore stop the flow. So your approver would have to go into the list itself or the PowerApps form and set the approver name, outcome and approval date columns manually. Then from the settings of the Start and Wait for approval you could set a timeout. So if you knew your approver would always approve it within 1 hour you could set the approval timeout to PT1H.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,083)