cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghayden88
Regular Visitor

Can you make the Power App flow run from a list with manual triggers?

I have a Power Automate Flow, that ingests a SharePoint List that contain a column of emails and the other columns contain what a user has access to. When I run the Power App, I enter a manual trigger, "email address", the flow goes through the sharepoint list and adds all the rows where the trigger email is in the email column, and puts it in a table and emails it to the user. It works perfectly...

BUT, I need a way to make this flow run automatically instead of having to specify a trigger manually. Can I use a list of email addresses, and set the trigger to run continuously for each email in the email list? In the sharepoint list, a users email will appear multiple times for each item they have access too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for sharing that. I got it to work by using multiple lists. 1 list contains the emails for every user and the other contains the emails and content. So my flow goes through 1 email at a time without me having to manually type it. S Thanks for your help. I will check out those links as well

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Use  a  scheduled flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
rohentz
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghayden88 how are you?

@ghayden88 regarding your comments I suggested the use of schedule flows. Set a recurrency for it and you can use the SharePoint connector to do queries at list and with the results do the operations you need.

Follow below an article about scheduled flows at Run flows on a schedule in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn and the actions supported by the SharePoint connector SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Learn

Also check the templates maybe some of them can help start yours Browse Templates | Microsoft Power Automate

Best regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Power Platform Support Engineer

ghayden88
Regular Visitor

@rohentz Thanks for your reply. SharePoint connector is already set up and being used in my flow. I tried using get items to get a list of emails. I used Apply to each on the value and then imbedded another apply to each that runs the original flow on each item in the email list.

I used substringof() with the manual trigger and email column, but I dont know what to replace it with to get the apply to each to work. I tried the value from email list get items, but it didnt work.

Hi @ghayden88 no problem, glad to help. So, I think more details is needed here to help you. Is it possible to add the flow here, images, and also the list and a simple data to better understand?

Thanks.

Rodrigo Hentz

ghayden88
Regular Visitor

i

@rohentz My flow is below. THe first get items pulls 'automation test' which is just 1 column of emails. I then use apply to each to have my main flow run on each email. I use get items 2 to pull the sharepoint list that contains the data.  The odata part used to contain the Trigger to filter. I tried Title, which is the email column in the email only list, but no luck. When I run it, i get an email for each user in the email list, but all the variables are null. Hope this explains it better.

1.png2.png

@VictorIvanidze But I need the trigger to be different every time the flow runs.

Hi @ghayden88 thanks for details. So my suggestion is to check both threads Writing sharepoint list using array variable - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) and How to insert Sharepoints items to Array? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) to help work with arrays. Looks like the compose and apply to each is not getting the value correctly. 

Also, I support case can be opened with us to check this.

Best regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Thanks for sharing that. I got it to work by using multiple lists. 1 list contains the emails for every user and the other contains the emails and content. So my flow goes through 1 email at a time without me having to manually type it. S Thanks for your help. I will check out those links as well

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,216)