cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you set an automated flow to stop processing after 10 minutes

Hi, 

I have a flow that reads through an online Sharepoint Excel Spreadsheet looking for new entries and have filtered the List Rows present in a table to return about 60 rows that are active.

Twice now a flow just keeps running (14 hours this time) and subsequent flows also just start running and never finish although the odd one finishes correctly. The process should run every 15 minutes so if after 10 minutes, I would like the flow to die no matter where it is up to and email us that it has failed. Is this something that can be done easily?

Secondly DAK why this might occur. We do have three or four editors in the sheet at anytime but this was around midnight.

Thanks

skillsy_0-1602282435745.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@skillsy 

Try the below solution at the beginning of your flow after the recurrence trigger add a parallel branch with the desired delay, Send Email and call the Terminate Action this will stops the execution of your flow.

You can change the Message and code of the Terminate Action below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1602325056831.png

Mira_Ghaly_1-1602325157049.png

Hope this makes sense!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@skillsy 

Try the below solution at the beginning of your flow after the recurrence trigger add a parallel branch with the desired delay, Send Email and call the Terminate Action this will stops the execution of your flow.

You can change the Message and code of the Terminate Action below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1602325056831.png

Mira_Ghaly_1-1602325157049.png

Hope this makes sense!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you @Mira_Ghaly  for the exceedingly well explained process however will this not fail every time at 10 minutes even if the work branch was successful?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,252)