cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darvinm
Frequent Visitor

Can you shorten the interval time that Flow looks for changes to trigger an automated flow?

Hello! We have an automated flow that we need to happen very quickly but it seems, from the research I've done, that the default time that Microsoft Flow looks for changes that trigger an automated flow is 5 minutes. The flow is triggered by an email into a shared mailbox which then creates a Planner task.

I've attached screenshots of my run history below. As you can see, it only processes flows on a 5 minute interval. I've also attached a screenshot of the "Peek code" under the trigger of my flow and the interval is "5" and the frequency is "minutes" which confirms my research. The Flow plan I'm on allows "Scheduled Flows" at a frequency of 1 minute. Can I reduce the "recurrence interval frequency" on an automated flow to 1 minute? Thanks in advance!

Flow Run History.JPG

Flow Code.JPG

1 REPLY 1
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@darvinm 

If you are using User based or App based plans I assume the Trigger frequency is 1 minute, however if you are using Free plan it will be 15 minutes. And if it is Flow for Office 365 (Plan from your Enterprise license E3, E5 etc) and Flow for Dynamics 365 it will be 5 minutes.

If the Flow is not triggering as expected, you might want to open a ticket with Power Automate. https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support  as I think front end troubleshooting will not help.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,078)