cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSCOTTPRICE
Frequent Visitor

Canceled approval flow still sends Approval request to Shared Mailbox

I have a flow that was canceled before it went to the Approval request, but the approval email keeps sending every day... to our shared mailbox.  I cannot find this approval as it was sent TO a shared mailbox, and it appears in my flow history to have been canceled BEFORE it went to that step!  I know not to send an approval to a shared mailbox, and my flow usually redirects those requests through a string variable containing the group members' emails and usually works, but in this one instance, the flow sent it to the shared box and keeps sending the email day after day, etc...  I can see the flow, and even restored the SharePoint list item that it references but I cannot find the APproval ID as it is somewhere in the dataverse being assigned TO that shared mailbox.  I don't understand where to go to find that approval and cancel it, delete it, etc... I am a member of the shared mailbox. 

1 REPLY 1
grantjenkins
Community Champion
Community Champion

Looking at your flow it likely started the approval but the flow itself was cancelled before the responses came back. This makes it look like the entire Create and wait for an approval action didn't run, but probably just didn't complete.

The person that received the approval, or the person that initiated the approval should be able to cancel it. Do you know what account initiated the approval? If so then you can login with them, find the approval in their Approvals Sent within Teams activity or Power Automate Approvals.

If that's not possible then you could look at querying the Approvals table in Dataverse with a filter on title, or similar.

grantjenkins_0-1667450600760.png

Once you identify the Approval then you could do an Update row and set it to cancelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've answered your question, please mark the post as Solved.

If you like my response, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,988)