Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cologne_Claret
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Cancelling multiple running flows

Hello,

is there any way to cancel all or a selection of running flows, if not yet via the GUI then at least using Powershell?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
DavidNguyen
Frequent Visitor

You can select a specific From timestamp to bulk cancelling the flow runs with this website:

MSPOWER : https://mspower.herokuapp.com/ 

sign in with your account as go to Flow details page in its Dashboard 

ashiqf
Helper II
Helper II

For those who are looking for a solution, this post will help you

https://ashiqf.com/2021/05/16/cancel-all-your-running-power-automate-flow-runs-using-m365-cli-and-re...

There are Microsoft 365 CLI command & Power Automate REST api endpoint to cancel a flow run

I just observed the same. Will take more care in the future, but it would be very useful to have that script work as well with Office UI Fabric announcer.

Tarjani, thank you so much. This is amazing. Just realized that I have over 100 flows that went with an API Webhook integration with Smartsheet I created just waiting and timing out. I'm fairly certain they have been running for over 14 days. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

I had never run a Javascript action from the browser before.

For anyone out there using Edge and a newbie to all this like I was, here's the steps to do this:

1. Press F12 on your keyboard, approve the "Developer Tools" question.
  2. Then find the tab that says "Console" at the top. It's two tabs to the right of the "Welcome" tab.
  3. Within this, you should see a ">". This is where you'll paste in the code.
  4. Copy/paste in Tarjani's first bit of code above (starts with "var jq", ends with "noConflict()"). Press enter.
    1. I had to paste it twice; it threw some sort of error the first time. You'll see a red symbol if there's an error.
  5. Now copy/paste in David's code above that starts with "confirm" and ends with "5000);". 
  6. Press enter, and this will start working on its own.

Set it and forget it! I just have mine running in the background right now. 

The worst part is, I added an action for a Teams message to myself from the Flowbot within the flow that for some reason still ran though the Flow has been failing. So I've constantly been getting random messages that say "Webhook successfully created", sometimes at 2:00am! This is saving my sanity.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,782)