cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsitu

Cannot Add Power Automate App to a Group Chat

Hi,

I created a flow to send a custom message to a group chat in Microsoft Teams and when I ran the flow it gave me an error saying "Failed to install the Power Automate app in Microsoft Teams for chat with ID ... Please try adding the Power Automate app to this chat directly from the Microsoft Teams client."

The flow can send the messages to individual users from within the team but no matter what I do I cannot figure out how to add the app to group chat.

I can add other apps to group chats without any issue via "Manage Apps", as it give me the following option:

jsitu_0-1623709403170.png

But Power Automate will only give me the following option:

jsitu_1-1623709448014.png

I have already added Power Automate to the relevant Team so at this point I am not sure what to do. I guess this is more of a problem associated with Teams and Apps, but I am wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
davenportmb

I have also had this problem. It looks as though the issue is that you can't add the Flow Bot to your group chat - I'm sure Microsoft are working on it. In the meantime, set "Post as:" to "User" and it will work correctly, posting to the group chat as you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
davenportmb

I have also had this problem. It looks as though the issue is that you can't add the Flow Bot to your group chat - I'm sure Microsoft are working on it. In the meantime, set "Post as:" to "User" and it will work correctly, posting to the group chat as you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,765)