cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coupster
Frequent Visitor

Cannot call Flow from Business Process Flow for other users

I have a model-driven app which has a business process flow (BPF) for a custom entity. The last step of the BPF is to execute a power automate flow. This all works fine for me and I can successfully call the flow from the BPF. The app and the flow are both in a solution.

However, when I turn this over to users, they are getting a power automate "something is wrong" message when they try to execute the power automate flow, with a message that the user does not have a service plan adequate for the non-standard connection. I am suspicious that this is the issue given my testing below. I have:  

- confirmed the user's licensing is the same as mine. We both have: PA, CDS, and Apps for business standard

- confirmed the user has admin access to the CDS environment (have not created a role yet)

- the user can open the solution, open the flow directly and my resubmit previously submitted events without exception (without granting "run only users")

- granted the user "run only user" permissions within the flow

- attempted to monitor the power app while the executed the flow - however, no events were submitted to the monitoring service related to the execution of the flow. 

Other than the fact the flow owner is me within the solution, I can't see a material difference between my account and the users. I have not been able to tell if this is an issue within the power app calling the power automate, or an issue within the power automate itself. 

Anyone have any ideas on what I am missing? 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (60,054)