cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cannot enter expression in Power automate

I cannot enter expressions anymore. All I've entered is not recognized as expression. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Cannot enter expression in Power automate

Got it! @adriouwendijk you've got the Experimental Features turned on. Go to the gear in the top right of the flow, select View all Power Automate settings then turn off the Experimental Features. Once you've re-loaded the flow your Compose action will be back to normal.
Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @adriouwendijk 

Can you share some further details pls?

What steps you are taking? whats the error message? and some screen shots would be v helpful.

Thanks J

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@adriouwendijk it would help us to see what the problem is if you could post a screenshot of your flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate  user interface expression.jpg

Both buttons seem to end up in the Dynamic value UI. 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Thanks @adriouwendijk 

I've just been testing an I can't find a way to make the 'Compose' action render as per your screenshot.

I've tried 4 different browsers and three different Flow regions (including the preview region).

I must be missing something... @RobElliott any ideas?

Cheers J

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

No ideas I'm afraid @Jay-Encodian, I was just looking at it as you posted but, like you, my Compose actions here are same as normal and don't look the way they do for @adriouwendijk

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Got it! @adriouwendijk you've got the Experimental Features turned on. Go to the gear in the top right of the flow, select View all Power Automate settings then turn off the Experimental Features. Once you've re-loaded the flow your Compose action will be back to normal.
Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for testing anyways. If I open Power Automate with my company account instead of an onmicrosoft account I get the old style user interface from before last week back. It is a pity that my data is connected to the onmicrosoft account. I've run on another computer, but that did not help. It is strange.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That helps, thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Perfect! thank you.

I was really scratching my head on this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,095)