cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konstantinos
Regular Visitor

Cannot use timestamps as Excel File name

Hi all,

When trying in a Flow to copy or create a file and save it as excel , including any timestamp field from previous steps is giving errors due to the fact that excel filename cannot have ":" in name.

For example I created a flow that copy an OneDrive Business excel file to another folder as back up and used as filename "LastModified" from file metadata.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

I understand that is might difficult to change the format , but to keep in mind that it isn't working.

Is there a workaround to add a date , for example when flow run or trigger run , as the filename that will be supported by excel?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry currently we don't have this kind of time conversion to only extract the date.

There should be a file content field below the file name field in that card if you are willing to put the date inside file content.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

HI konstantinos,

I think Onedrive itself constraint to use special character as file name, just like windows. Do you mind putting the time into the excel file content?

Or You could also go to the "Flow Idea" https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas in this community to put the time conversion idea  for voting

Thanks

@telu  I don't mind time at all, date would be sufficient but I don't find a way how. Might from trigger?

I will post an idea & let you know 

Sorry currently we don't have this kind of time conversion to only extract the date.

There should be a file content field below the file name field in that card if you are willing to put the date inside file content.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to strip out the ":"? Or maybe as part of the OneDrive integration not over-write files with same names and instead make a copy?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,171)