cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Cant send email to Mailing list

Is it possible to send automatic email to Mailing List?

- Mailing lists are not found under recipients

- I also tried using the compose for the mailing list but no success..

Please kindly support.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Student2 , 

You cannot use a distribution list as a recipient in the 'Send an email (v2)' action. However, there is a simple workaround. Just initialize a string variable with the DL email address and use the variable value in the 'To' field of the 'Send an email (v2)' action.   

Hope this helps!  

View solution in original post

Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Student2 , have you confirmed with users who were part of the  Distribution List? I just tested again and got similar output in the flow, but the users of the DL did get the email. I didn't get the email myself although my email is included in the DL. That is just expected behavior when you mail to a DL. If you are unable to send emails to the DL, can you please confirm that the DL is not restricted to specific senders?

4 REPLIES 4
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Student2 , 

You cannot use a distribution list as a recipient in the 'Send an email (v2)' action. However, there is a simple workaround. Just initialize a string variable with the DL email address and use the variable value in the 'To' field of the 'Send an email (v2)' action.   

Hope this helps!  

Frequent Visitor

Hi @bibhupanigrahi 

Thank you very much for your response.

I have tried as per your proposal but with no success: Flow succeeded but no email was sent out. Please see flow below and the output returned from Email action.

Student2_0-1606379756373.png

{"statusCode":200,"headers":{"Pragma":"no-cache","x-ms-request-id":"735c6624-af39-46d2-b49e-487a2db7765e","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-Frame-Options":"DENY","Cache-Control":"no-store, no-cache","Set-Cookie":"ARRAffinity=2dec40ee271a11b22b991f97343df846ec15685ecd916e17e0cdc237e9bff764;Path=/;HttpOnly;Secure;Domain=office365-ne.azconn-ne-01.p.azurewebsites.net,ARRAffinitySameSite=2dec40ee271a11b22b991f97343df846ec15685ecd916e17e0cdc237e9bff764;Path=/;HttpOnly;SameSite=None;Secure;Domain=office365-ne.azconn-ne-01.p.azurewebsites.net","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"false","Date":"Thu, 26 Nov 2020 07:28:15 GMT","Content-Length":"0","Expires":"-1"}}

Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Student2 , have you confirmed with users who were part of the  Distribution List? I just tested again and got similar output in the flow, but the users of the DL did get the email. I didn't get the email myself although my email is included in the DL. That is just expected behavior when you mail to a DL. If you are unable to send emails to the DL, can you please confirm that the DL is not restricted to specific senders?

@bibhupanigrahi 

Have checked with the users and they actually got the email 😃 was included in the list myself and since I didn't receive anything I thought it didnt work. Thank you very much for all the kind support.

KR,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (4,221)