cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorte

Categorize & Flag email of a shared mailbox

Hello there!

I would like to share Flag & Categorize (colours) an email based on keywords & Sender. With power automate, I could not find the option "Categorize" so I tried to use the Inbox rules of 365 to categorize the mail and add an automation in power automate to flag it. Unfortunately, it does not work. I was doing some testing and outlook only categorizes the mail without flagging it.

In power automate I am using the following flow: 

Could someone help me out with this matter? I really appreciate it.

Sorte_0-1637164003827.png

Thank you and have a great day!

Sergi

7 REPLIES 7
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

What happens if you disable the Outlook rule - do you see properly flagged emails?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Sorte

Hey there @VictorIvanidze unfortunately not. I do not know what's wrong with my automation but it does not work. The test fails, Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Sergi

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try to populate "Original mailbox address" field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorte

Hello @VictorIvanidze, by populating the shared mailbox do you mean:

1. Adding a new license to the shared mailbox

2. Adding it to my account. If I add it to my account my outlook runs really slow.

I just want that outlook categorizes & flags mails when a certain condition is matched, i.g, contains keyword in "Body" or "Subject" or from a specific sender.

Thank you! 🙂 

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

I meant filling "Original mailbox address" field in your "Flag email (V2)" action. Did you do that?

Sorte

Hello @VictorIvanidze. I added the Original Mailbox address and it works only when testing it. It does not work when the rule is applied and "ON" only in testmode. Do you know maybe a solution here? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you and have a great week!

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sorte,

I'd recommend to disable a rule and use only PowerAutomate.

Here is an example how to assign a category to a message: https://www.ivasoft.com/assigncatflow.shtml

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,257)