cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mirna
Frequent Visitor

Challenge: Starting a parentflow from PowerApps, while wanting to use the same flow to trigger a childflow

Dear all,

I have a 'big' challenge of which I am wondering whether it is possible at all.

So this is the issue:

Step 1

I have a flow which is triggered by a PowerApp and looks as follow:

Mirna_0-1615812743271.png

This flow gets the name of the person from the app in PowerApps.

This flow also is supposed to be the parentflow, because I want to get the names from this flow into another flow: the childflow.

Step 2

The childflow looks as follow:

Mirna_1-1615813049100.png

I basically want to get the name which is received by the parentflow from powerapps into the childflow.

I have been checking around on Youtube and google and basically see two options:

Option 1:

- Trigger: When an HTTP request is received

Option 2:

- Trigger: Manually trigger a flow

My challenge with these two options is that the parent flow already starts with PowerApps, so I cannot get the trigger as suggested by the 2 options.

Is there any other way that I can maintain my current Parentflow starting from PowerApps and still get the required names flowing into the childflow?

1 REPLY 1
Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Mirna 

Just a couple of things that are important, Please follow below steps:

1. add your flows  and power app in a solution. 

2. build your child flow using manually trigger a flow trigger and add the variables information in the trigger action that you want to get from powerapps.

and in the end, add the "respond back to powerApps or Automate" action and change the connection in run-user specific tab on the flow's property page.

3. when you're building the parent flow, add the action " Run a child flow" this will give you option of flows you can add along with the parameters you might have added in the child flow's trigger. you can Add the parameters from Powerapps directly there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (60,186)