cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Change Subject Line of Forwarded Email

I have a flow built which will auto forward emails to different programs which parse data into our ERP.  For some emails I need the ability to change the Subject Line before forwarding to trigger the correct mapping within these parsing programs.

I would like the ability to change the subject line before forwarding.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Change Subject Line of Forwarded Email

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

Currently, the action Forward email doesn’t have a Subject field could be used to change subject line of forwarded email.

Please consider submitting a request about this feature:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Please take a try with the following workaround. Instead of using the action Forward email, just use the action Send an email, then we could change the subject of the sending email. If you would like to have the original email body content, please select the dynamic content Body from the original email for Body field.

An image likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

Currently, the action Forward email doesn’t have a Subject field could be used to change subject line of forwarded email.

Please consider submitting a request about this feature:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Please take a try with the following workaround. Instead of using the action Forward email, just use the action Send an email, then we could change the subject of the sending email. If you would like to have the original email body content, please select the dynamic content Body from the original email for Body field.

An image likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank You Mabel for this workaround.  This has worked perfectly.

thanks again

Phil

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello

How did you edit part of your subject line before the email is sent to your parser? I'm to trying to do something similar and I need to remove the text and only keep a reference number in the subject line before sending?

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,546)