Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshieboy
Helper IV
Helper IV

Change name in email "From" field of a flow

Hello,

I am only now getting into Microsoft Flow and would like to know how to change the name that is sent in an email.  The name is currently set to Microsoft PowerApps and PowerAutomate.  It would be nice if this could have been like SharePoint Designer, where the name that comes in an email is from the actual name of the portal or application so that users can easily identify it.  I would like to change that PowerApps and PowerAutomate name to the name of my application.  Any guidance appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @joshieboy 

You can specify who the email is sent by here (as long as you have permission to send from the mailbox)

DamoBird365_0-1616705326924.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

Hello @joshieboy ,

as @DamoBird365 proposed, I think that the easiest solution is to have a shared mailbox per solution and send the emails from there.

You can have as many shared mailboxes as you'd like in your organization without additional license costs.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

5 REPLIES 5
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @joshieboy 

You can specify who the email is sent by here (as long as you have permission to send from the mailbox)

DamoBird365_0-1616705326924.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

Thanks @DamoBird365 

Is the recommendation here to create a generic email account/mailbox that would be used in this field for all applications?  What is best practice for this, as with SharePoint Designer, the system sent tailored emails based on the name of the application, which I would have liked, but I am assuming there is a cost if we setup mailboxes to represent each application.  Also, I noticed in the screenshot you used Send an email V2 as opposed to V3.  I will do my research on the differences but wanted to know if one was preferred over the other, as the ones I have setup are V3, and I have noticed that sometimes emails take almost 24 hours to come through, as the flow is stuck in a running state.  Hoping that if V2 is preferred, that the experience will be different.

HI @joshieboy 

v2 vs v3 is an error on my part working late last night.  Generally I go for the latest version, in terms of what the difference is I couldn't tell you straight away.

I've seen a good article by the resident @tom_riha 3 ways to change email sender.  Maybe worth a look there and I am sure Tom can drop in on this if he has any further knownledge or ideas.

Cheers,
Damien

Hello @joshieboy ,

as @DamoBird365 proposed, I think that the easiest solution is to have a shared mailbox per solution and send the emails from there.

You can have as many shared mailboxes as you'd like in your organization without additional license costs.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Thank you very much @DamoBird365  and @tom_riha 

This clarifies it for me.  Appreciate the feedback.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,509)