Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-prabip
Microsoft
Microsoft

Change "From mail id" for the "Send approval mail" in the flow

Flow - When new item is added to Sharepoint list.PNG

Is there a way to change the "From Email id" for the sending approval mail in the flow that is triggered when an new item is added to SharePoint?

Curently the is sent from my mail id?

Also I do not see the option to "Submit To Gallary"? I did see it very first time when I saved my Flow but not seeing it anymore.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi V-prabip,

Currently, “From Email ID” for “Send email” action cannot be changed. By default, the action would use the email account which connecting to Office 365 Outlook to send emails.

It seems that “Submit to gallery” button is only shown when the flow is created. After clicking the Manage button, it will no longer appear.

submit to gallery.PNG

For more information, please refer to this article about “Flow creation now available from your mobile phones”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/mobile-creation/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi V-prabip,

Currently, “From Email ID” for “Send email” action cannot be changed. By default, the action would use the email account which connecting to Office 365 Outlook to send emails.

It seems that “Submit to gallery” button is only shown when the flow is created. After clicking the Manage button, it will no longer appear.

submit to gallery.PNG

For more information, please refer to this article about “Flow creation now available from your mobile phones”:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/mobile-creation/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also trying to change the 'from' field when sending approval emails/emails with options.

Annoyingly its available when sending an email, just not when there is a response required from the email recipient!

@eddierthomas

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? i.e. creating a new user specifically to create the flow and send the approval request.

I've up-voted the idea here...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Add-the-From-field-on-the-action-Send-Approval-email/...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (24,579)