Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the organiser of a calendar invite in flow

Hello all 

and @AlanPs1  😄

I have successfully created a  flow that from an email,  i can extract the dates and create a calendar invite for the specific dates and time and send it to the required atendees.

event-calendar.png

a) is there a way for the organiser of the calendar event to receive also a calendar invite ? (now is automatically created on my calendar but i dont get an invitation (since i am the organiser -))

b) is there another workaround for the previous question , like binding the flow to a shared email list and as such the shared email account list will sent the invite to all required atendees ?

Now in the create event2 -> calendar invite -- options on the right , the flow is bind to "my connections " as such someone has to own the flow and this person will not receive the invite.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous , I hope you are well.

Thank you for the detail in the image and great to see your Flow now taking shape Smiley Happy

I have recreated this and I added myself as a "Required Attendee" as I am sure you have too. . . No alert!

As a work around, what I would do would be to add an email alert, push notification or something after the "Create Event (V2) that sends details of the existing event to you, the organizer.

Here is my approach with an email and firstly I get event with the ID of "Create_event_(V2)"Capture-403.pngCapture-402.png

EDIT: Regards binding a connection, you can use a Team Flow but not to a Shared mailbox unless it's licensed like a service account can be. That would work but not an unlicesned share. You can bind to another user though. Seach "Team Flow".

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,541)