cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Whitenight
Advocate II
Advocate II

Changing font color in Approval email

I am building a flow  and the requester has asked to have one of the lines in the approval email be in bold red font. I can make the font bold using Markdown however I am struggling to make the font red. I have tried the following HTML: 

<p style="color:red"> The sentence.</p> -  double quotes

and

<p style='color:red'>This is a paragraph.</p> -  single quotes quotes

Can the font be changed? I have not found any articles on changing the font color. 

4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @M_Whitenight 

Flow approval emails formatting only supports the markdown language.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Thanks Reza for the response.. I had used the documentation you provided yesterday to make the lines bold but was hoping for a font color solution. I find where an idea was submitted and placed my vote. Maybe someday this will be available. 

@M_Whitenight 

Someday 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

ChadVKealey
Power Participant
Power Participant

Maybe there is some technical reason for it, but I really don't understand why the developers decided that Approvals (and ONLY Approvals - other than a "Markdown" web part in SharePoint, I don't see this used anywhere else in M365) would use Markdown rather than the "industry standard" of HTML for formatting. Nearly all of the Approval flows I manage have reminders, and I try to include all of the information the approver needs to make their decision in the message itself. If Approvals used HTML, I could just have one Compose or variable for "message body" with all of the appropriate formatting and just drop that into the Approval Details or the body of the reminder email. Instead, I need to define the message content in two separate actions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,330)