cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Check Company Name Record

We have a big Approval workflow for requesting different types of code - document class, discipline, supplier (company), all connected to document management standard. 

We have created existing "master" lists (separate for each type of code) with the approved entries. 

The flow has been adapted to validate which type of code is being requested and check if the three letter code already exists. However, the problem persists when attemptint to check if a company had already been approved and is added. We can check for exact match but unfortunately users will sometimes add Ltd instead of Limited or abolish it all together ie Wizard Labs Ltd can be Wizard Labs and Wizard Labs Limited. Ideally, I'd like a condition to check for similaraties in the titles and if exact match (which we have already built) to reject but if there is a probable match to alert the user to reveiw.

Is this possible?

I have been experimenting on a Test list, without the approval flow, only trying to make above condition work with When an Item is Created, Evaluate Type of Code, Get Items (from master list), and then I can only match exactly.

Thanking you.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@AnetaO :

I don't believe that you can achieve your goal by using standard Flow features.  One avenue that you might explore is to create an Azure function that does the type of text analysis that you need and calling that function from Flow.  Here is a link to some documentation to get you started.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Thank you Scott. That's unfortunate if being the case. Azure will be way out of my debth to deal with.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (48,901)