cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RodAtWork

Check for an email each week day

I need a way of checking my business email each weekday at 9 AM to see if an automated email has arrived or not. If it hasn't arrived, then I want to receive an email about that. If it has arrived, then do nothing. Is that possible with Flow as it currently is, or does some additional functionality have to exist?

Rod
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Check for an email each week day

Hi @ RodAtWork ,

Could you please show more details about the automated email?

How many times the automated email would arrive every weekday.

Would the automated email always sent by a fixed email address or it always use the same subject?

Does the automated email have attachments?

I have made a test on my side, please refer to workaround below:

1. Add trigger “Recurrence” as screenshots,you could choose the frequency as one week,choose the day of a week to trigger the flow on "On those days"field, you could choose the hour of a day on "At those hours" field.
  2. Add action “Get emails”, choose Inbox in the Folder field, Fetch Only Unread Messages field set to Yes, if the automated email have attachments, set the Include Attachments field to Yes, otherwise set the field to No. set a value in the Top field, make sure the Unread email in your Inbox would less than or equal to the Top value.
  3. Add a “variable”, the Type choose Integer.
  4. Add an apply to each, choose the Body dynamic content of “Get emails” action
  5. Inside the apply to each, add a Condition to filter the emails from your Inbox, if the email would always sent by a fixed email address, you could compare the email address in the Condition, if the email would always use the same subject, you could compare the subject in the Condition.
  6. Inside the if yes of Condition, add a variable “Increment variable”, choose the variable created before, fill 1 in the Value field.
  7. Outside the apply to each, add a Condition2,the first value choose the dynamic content of the variable, the second value fill in 0, the condition in the middle select “is equal to”.  
  8. Inside the if yes of Condition2, add action “Send an email”, fill in the email address ,Subject and Body.

1.png2.png

If the automated email arrives before the flow runs, the flow would run successfully as below:

3.png

If the automated email doesn’t arrives before the flow runs, the flow would run successfully as below:

4.png

If the automated email would arrive one time, every weekday, you could make the flow as screenshots below:

5.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ RodAtWork ,

Could you please show more details about the automated email?

How many times the automated email would arrive every weekday.

Would the automated email always sent by a fixed email address or it always use the same subject?

Does the automated email have attachments?

I have made a test on my side, please refer to workaround below:

1. Add trigger “Recurrence” as screenshots,you could choose the frequency as one week,choose the day of a week to trigger the flow on "On those days"field, you could choose the hour of a day on "At those hours" field.
  2. Add action “Get emails”, choose Inbox in the Folder field, Fetch Only Unread Messages field set to Yes, if the automated email have attachments, set the Include Attachments field to Yes, otherwise set the field to No. set a value in the Top field, make sure the Unread email in your Inbox would less than or equal to the Top value.
  3. Add a “variable”, the Type choose Integer.
  4. Add an apply to each, choose the Body dynamic content of “Get emails” action
  5. Inside the apply to each, add a Condition to filter the emails from your Inbox, if the email would always sent by a fixed email address, you could compare the email address in the Condition, if the email would always use the same subject, you could compare the subject in the Condition.
  6. Inside the if yes of Condition, add a variable “Increment variable”, choose the variable created before, fill 1 in the Value field.
  7. Outside the apply to each, add a Condition2,the first value choose the dynamic content of the variable, the second value fill in 0, the condition in the middle select “is equal to”.  
  8. Inside the if yes of Condition2, add action “Send an email”, fill in the email address ,Subject and Body.

1.png2.png

If the automated email arrives before the flow runs, the flow would run successfully as below:

3.png

If the automated email doesn’t arrives before the flow runs, the flow would run successfully as below:

4.png

If the automated email would arrive one time, every weekday, you could make the flow as screenshots below:

5.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

RodAtWork

Basically, I want to automated email to come from my own account. It should run once a day, but about 9 AM. I'm at home now, but when I return to work tomorrow I'll try to give you more details.

Rod
RodAtWork

WOW, I cannot believe this, but I've let this lie for 2 years!! My apologies.

Here's an example of the email that comes through, upon a successful run of the SQL Server SQL Job:

Annotation 2020-02-07 131918.jpg

There's a lot of sensitive information in the email, so I cannot show more than that.

As I said, this email came through fine. What I'm interested in is an email that would be sent to me by Power Automate, when an email like the one above does not come through by 9 AM each weekday. If no such email shows up, then I want to get an email from Power Automate alerting me to that.

The thing which I believe will complicate this is that we don't have control of the MS Exchange server. I work for a state agency. We have Office 365 for Business, so I've got the latest Outlook. But a different state agency handles the MS Exchange server for everyone. Their Exchange Server is on-premise and it's version 2013, so it's old. I've no idea if that will "play nice" with Power Automate or not.

Rod

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,594)