cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bagge
Level: Power Up

Check for new email but only run trigger every 30 minutes

I created a simple flow based on a template to send me a notification when a new email arrives in folder x. It works fine. However, since this is an automated notification I receive every 5 minutes I would like to only get notified every so often and not for every email.

Is there a way to based on when the last time the flow triggered decide whether or not to allow the notification part to trigger, or can I keep a running total of new emails received since last trigger and only trigger after 6 new emails

Thank you in advance,
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Bagge
Level: Power Up

Re: Check for new email but only run trigger every 30 minutes

I forgot to mention that the notification received in folder x, only happens when there is an issue, and continues every 5 minutes until the issue is resolved. In my original post I made it sound like the notification is received every 5 minutes

Thanks again

Just an idea, not tried! Make a recurrent flow that triggers every 30 min. Add a step that gets emails from the folder, that are received within the last 30 min. If the count > 0, then notify yourself 🙂

Try and see if you can get that to work, kind regards, John

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ Bagge,

I agree with @ JohnAageAnderse ‘s solutions to check received emails within the last 30 minutes.

In addition, you could also take another option to create the flow as screenshots below:

1.png

The flow would run every 30 minutes, no matter how many emails arrives during this time, the flow would send the notification to you only one time.

The flow would run suceesfully as below:

2.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,973)