cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Check if flow is running from another flow

Hello!

I do need an advice on the matter is it is possible to check if another flow is running at the moment.
Basically I have a flow which I use for powerapps to delay the refresh of the data - it waits for some time while another flow is doing all the work inserting data (I don't have it in one flow because there is no way to put these actions together an not pay extra $$$ for it), so I need a flow which ideally would look like this:

- trigger from PowerApps

- waits 15 sec
- checks if another flow is running

- if yes: wait more, if no: go 

- answer to PowerApps

Is it even possible to do so?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @bonifacious 

This sounds like you need to have a flag that indicates that the other flow is running. One way to do this would be to use a list for the flag.

The first flow when it runs, creates a unique flag item in the list, then invokes the other flow passing on the flag item id.

The second flow then updates the flag item with status completed when the flow finishes.

The first flow in the meantime has been polling the flag item, waiting for the status to become completed.

When the flag item status is completed, the first flow continues.

Would something like that work for you? 🙂

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,726)